Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's taken me this long, baby, but I've figured you out.

The thing I hate the most about myself is that I don't learn from my mistakes like I should. I give people chances that they don't deserve and end up hurt over and over again. The worst part is that I'll do it again and again, because I always convince myself things will be different.

It really sucks that some people take like...everything for granted. &Maybe I was one of those people, but I'm definitely on the opposing side at this point. I need to start putting my faith and trust only in people I know that won't mess everything up. But as many times as I tell myself that, and as much as I know that that's what I need to do, I doubt it will happen.



I hope you're reading this. &I hope you realize what a good thing you threw away.



All this time I was wasting hoping you would come around. I've been giving out chances everytime and all you do is let me down. And it's taken me this long, baby, but I've figured you out. And you're thinking we'll be fine again but not this time around. You don't have to call anymore, I won't pick up the phone. This is the last straw, I don't want to hurt anymore. And you can tell me that you're sorry, but I don't believe you, baby, like I did before. You're not sorry.

Looking so innocent, I might believe you if I didn't know. Could've loved you all my life if you didn't leave me waiting in the cold. You had me falling, and it never would have gone away. You used to shine so bright but I watched it all fade. This is the last straw, there's nothing left to beg for. And you can tell me that you're sorry, but I don't believe you, baby, like I did before. You're not sorry.

No comments: