Saturday, October 17, 2009

There's no giving up when you're young and you want some.

So there is this person that used to be in my life, this person I used to really look up to and aspire to be. This person was strong, smart, beautiful, confident.

I looked at everything this person said as if it was so far above anything anyone else could come up with. I thought that everything they said and did was so well-thought-out and well-intended.

I have recently realized what has come of this person in passed years, and it's so difficult to realize that someone you always looked up to has become nothing more than a pathetic hypocrite. Maybe they have been that way all along, and I was too young and naive to realize it. Actually, I realize now this is probably the case. It's too bad this person still thinks they're God's gift to humankind.

People always told me how much things would change between freshman year and now, and if someone would have told me that things would be the way they are now I never would have believed them.

It's so intense of a feeling to look back on my ideas, opinions, the way I thought of myself back then.

I have grown so much as a person. I have become the strong person I always thought I was but recently realized I wasn't. I don't need to compare myself to other people anymore, and I certainly don't need anyone to look up to.

It will be interesting to see what comes of my peers. I'm already anticipating my ten year reunion.

How can it almost be 2010? Where have all the years gone?

I feel so old. I still feel like I'm in middle school or something. It's weird to think how I thought I was so mature and high above everyone before.

I love how middle school and high school kids just think so highly of themselves haha.

No comments: